Notice of Program Accessibility
ContinueCARE Hospital and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and useable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or who have other sensory impairments. Access features include:
- Accessible parking designated specifically for disabled persons.
- Access via ramps between parking areas and buildings.
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors.
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards.
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- A twenty-four hour (24) telecommunication device (TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTY/TDD) units, for use by persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired.
- Readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired.
- Flash cards, alphabet boards and other communication boards.
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills.
If you require any of the aids listed above, please make the admissions staff aware of your need for assistance.
The regulation implementing Section 504 requires that an agency/facility “…adopt and implement procedures to ensure that interested persons, including persons with impaired vision or hearing, can obtain information as to the existence and location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to and usable by disabled persons.” (45 C.F.R. §84.22(f))